Friday, 11 December 2009

Uncanny Lamps

I've just been doing some research into uncanny architecture and stumbled across these artists expression of the uncanny in a home. The artist behind this idea is Gitta Gschwendtner. They started of as part of an exhibition based on uncanny rooms, then went on to further develop to be what they are now.

The first image appealed most to me at first, i thought it looks quite creep, especially with it being named 'Crawler', i can imagine it in movement crawling right up the wall. I don't feel as though there is as much of an uncanny feel as the first image, but the third on definitely does. The third image is named 'Time Out For You' which in my opinion is quite appropriately named, the image to me brings across a feeling of abandonment and loneliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment