Thursday, 29 April 2010

Slime Mold Mock Poster

The theme i am working on towards applying to this project is the theme of retro 1950's horror movies such as 'The Blob'. I feel as though using this theme has given me an exciting and intriguing way of bringing across information, and will not be boring to watch unlike your standard life cycle diagrams. (i will post a more in depth reason for the retro theme later)

Here's a quick mock poster i done last night, i am yet to do some concept art seeing as i believe a more in depth knowledge of the life cycle of the mold is needed. But i thought i would spend some time creating a quick poster which would advertise the animation. (but mainly bring across the overall feel and theme of my animation)

I felt as though i needed to make a ceative post, and to get my head away from writing this theory essay. Its not finished and it just a quick mock up of what the final poster could look like, and to show people the direction i am going with this project.

7 comments:

  1. VERY CUTE - and I have just the cd soundtrack you might be in need of... I'll bring it tomorrow and leave in your pigeon hole...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retro B-Movie love, very nice Richard, I think you have aced on the originality stakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELL YEAAAAAH :D cheers Phil and Simon, that cd would be very useful indeed, i saw it on youtube but if there legal methods to do things that would work out much more nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic idea! I think there needs to be a scream in there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There more than likely will be Sam, a very strategically placed scream.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the cd I'll bring - copy/paste link

    http://www.amazon.com/Themes-Classic-Science-Fiction-Fantasy/dp/B0000014T9/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1272560068&sr=1-1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers Phil, i have a feeling this will coe in handy :)

    ReplyDelete