Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Sliiiiiime Moooold Update

A few images on the entrance shot for the slime mold. Initially i planned one having the slime mold jump out at the camera, but i felt as though this was taking away from the essence of the slime mold and moving further into the blob territory. I also really liked the look of the concept image i created for the formation of the slime mold and decided to re-create that image as closely as possible.



This shape started life as a sphere, i then flattened out the bottom and extruded some faces to create the formation lines, then some lattice and sculpt deformers to create the final shape.

4 comments:

  1. How you doing, Rich? Give me some good news...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Phil, going well, not as smooth and as fast as I would have liked but its looking good so far. There are problems that could have been solved in a more aesthetically pleasing way but for the lack of time left I will have to leave them. I know everything I have to do now so that's good, its just a matter of doing them.

    Hopefully I will be rendering tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember - you're making a low budget b-movie - so a bit of wobble and awkwardness is a plus! Also, using After Effects, I'm sure you could do a bit of 'distressing' etc. to turn your problem areas into motifs of authenticity - just play to the format and when you present - for god's sake - don't say 'if I'd had more time' - just let it play out and let your audience be the judge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont worry, i wouldnt say that, its project suicide :)going well now though, a few more late nights and i think im there.

    ReplyDelete