Pre-Production: Visualising a World
- Project Start: Vera Lynn - We'll Meet Again
- Analysis: Establishing the scenes from the source material.
- Visual Research: Period imagery, architectural details, & nature.
- Art Direction: Scene/Alien ship design, colour palettes, shapes, & atmosphere.
- Concept Art: Thumbnail drawings & digital paintings for both Environment and Alien ship.
- Finalised Paintings: Refined concept art.
- Pre-Viz: Basic model, shot framing, & camera animation.
Production: Building a Virtual World
- Modelling of Elements: Objects & Architecture.
- UV Layout & Texturing: Layout maps and texture maps.
- Lighting: Main scene lighting & detail lighting - such as glow elements.
- Object Animation: Animation of scene details / objects.
- Effects Simulation: Effects based elements such as water, smoke, or dust.
- Rendering: Creating Render Passes - Beauty, Occlusion, Glow, Z Depth & FX.
Post-Production: Combining the World
- Compositing: Combining render passes & refining the shots.
- Final Shot: Editing and exporting.
- Supporting Material: Creating a ‘Making of…’ document, a technical paper, a demo reel shot, & archived .PDF version Blog.
- Client Delivery: The delivery of the final shots and supporting material.