Here it is, the finishing up post of the Models & Metaphors project and our last project of the year. I say this is the finishing up project, but as I still have more work to do on this project as well as the Transcription project, more is yet to come. Overall this project has been a very joyful experience, I have bagged new skills and am feeling more confident overall in Maya now. From the go point of this project it was clear to me that I wanted to base it on a character and follow through the character creation pipeline. So I am happy that I managed to complete the pipeline for the first character of my own, although some minor improvements will need to be done. However, I am not so happy that I did not manage to complete the sting and see my character in all its glory. I think some more time management and delegations would have as I spent a majority of my five weeks working on the character as a posed to the whole animation. Below is the Making Of document and character turn around that i presented today, as well as some other bits and pieces that needed to be blogged.
Models & Metaphors Making Of
|Posed Character Ambient Occlusion Pass|
|Posed Character Colour Pass|
|Posed Character Comp|
|Character + Statue Ambient Occlusion Pass|
|Character + Statue Colour Pass|
|Character + Statue Comp|